8 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup coconut milk
8 slices bacon, chopped
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 red pepper, diced
2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 9-inch round pie pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs with coconut milk, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms and peppers to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Stir in the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
5. Stir the sauteed mixture into the eggs and fold gently, making sure the ingredients are evenly combined. Pour the mixture into the greased pie pan.
6. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the frittata. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Inspired by Laura Fuentes