4 sweet potatoes
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
Cooking fat of choice, melted
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the sweet potatoes until almost tender (35 to 40 minutes) and allow to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, peel and grate them into a bowl, seasoning to taste.
- Grease muffin pan generously with cooking fat.
- Scoop 2 to 3 tablespoons of grated sweet potato into each muffin cup. Use your fingers to make a nest shape in each muffin cup.
- Return the muffin shells to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Crack an egg into each nest, season to taste, and sprinkle with fresh chives. Place back into the oven and cook until the eggs are set, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the nests from the pan, and serve topped with crumbled bacon. Enjoy!
Inspired by: https://paleoleap.com/eggs-in-potato-nests/